By Bob Bennett
Tuesday night on Fox News’s “Hannity,” the host interviewed conservative author Ann Coulter, who has a new book coming out, in June. The title itself confirms the fears of many Americans familiar with the Obama administration’s apparent quest to push, squeeze, and thrust illegals into American society by the millions.
The title of Ann’s new book is: Adios, America: the Left’s Plan to Turn America into a Third World Hellhole.” When Hannity, referring to the title, asked her if she really thought America could fall, the usually jocular Ann quietly replied, “Yes.” Not a smile in sight.
We don’t yet know what’ll be in her book, but here are some possibilities you may not be aware of.
The Obama immigration “policy” was launched in 2009, as reported by TheBlaze.com, this past February. The piece cited a study from the Center for Immigration Studies, which said, “The Obama administration has … handed out millions of work permits to illegal aliens and aliens with a visa status that does not authorize employment … since 2009.” —Obama’s first year in office. So he hit the ground running, with a project that he evidently felt was important. [Emphasis mine.]
Data from the article and the linked study show 982,000 work permits were given to “illegal aliens or aliens unqualiﬁed for admission, and 1.2 million work permits issued to aliens whose “visa status …didn’t authorize employment.” The total is 2,182,000.
Take that, unskilled Black job-seekers!
Note The Blaze article was published well before Mitch McConnell’s half-hearted attempt to overcome serial Democrat filibusters and pass the House funding bill for DHS. So he should have been aware of it, as well as the “Timeline” report, below.
The House bill had barred use of funds for Obama’s unconstitutional amnesty of 5 million. Rather than suspend the filibuster rule or use reconciliation rules, McConnell stripped out the amnesty language and pushed the bill through. The weak-kneed House leadership got the emasculated bill passed, soon after.
In February, Breitbart.com published a report titled, Timeline: How the Obama Administration Bypassed Congress to Dismantle Immigration Enforcement, released by Senator Jeff Sessions. It describes, at length, the Administration’s unseen efforts to allow countless illegals to remain in this country, and allow more to come in.
These are only few excerpts:
• January 2009: Obama Administration Ends Worksite Enforcement Actions: In early 2009, …ICE executes a raid (initiated … under the Bush Administration) on an engine machine shop … detaining 28 illegal immigrants who were using fake Social Security numbers and identity documents. After complaints by “pro-amnesty groups,” instead of enforcing the law, the Secretary of DHS investigates the ICE agents for simply doing their duty.” [Later, the Secretary says, through an underling], “We’re not doing raids or audits under this administration.”
• March 16, 2010: DHS Announces Termination of Funding for Virtual Fence along Southwestern Border.
• May 19, 2010: ICE Director John Morton Announces Termination of Cooperation with Arizona Law Enforcement.
• June 25, 2010: ICE Union Casts Unanimous Vote of “No Confidence” in Agency Leadership, citing: “the growing dissatisfaction and concern among ICE employees and Union Leaders that Director Morton and Assistant Director Coven have abandoned the Agency’s core mission of enforcing United States Immigration Laws, … and [are] instead … campaigning for programs … related to amnesty….”
• August 2010: ICE Memo Stops Agents from Detaining Illegal Immigrants During Traffic Stops
• August 24, 2010: DHS Begins Closing and Dismissing Deportation Cases: The Houston Chronicle reports that DHS has begun “systematically reviewing thousands of pending immigration cases and moving to dismiss those filed against suspected illegal immigrants without serious criminal records.”
• September 16, 2010: Leaked DHS Memo Reveals President Obama’s Long-Term Plan to Circumvent Congress and Grant “Broad Based” Amnesty: A leaked 10-page memo, dated February 26, 2010, details how the Obama administration had “long envisioned” a two-phase “broad based” amnesty plan “legalizing those who qualify and intend to stay here…. Phase 1, eligible applicants would be registered, fingerprinted, screened and considered for an interim status that allows them to work in the U.S. . . . During Phase 2, applicants who had fulfilled additional statutory requirements would … become lawful permanent residents [i.e., obtain green cards].” The memo asserts that the Administration could proceed “in the absence of legislation,…” Listed among good points of the plan: A bold administrative program would transform the political landscape by using administrative measures to sidestep the current state of Congressional gridlock and inertia.” One caveat offered was that Congress could act against the move. This was before Boehner and McConnell gained leadership positions. They seem content to go along, as this very plan unfolded, on their watch.
• October 17, 2010: DHS Dismissals of Deportation Cases Up 700 Percent: The Houston Chronicle reports that the government dismissed, on its own motion, hundreds of deportation cases—up 700 percent between July and August 2010.
• June 17, 2011: ICE Director Morton issues a … memo further directing ICE agents not to enforce the law against certain segments of the illegal immigrant population, including those who would qualify for the DREAM Act, despite having no legal authority to do so and despite the fact that Congress had explicitly rejected the legislation three times.
• June 27, 2011: DHS Cover-Up of Backdoor Amnesty Policy Revealed: The Houston Chronicle reports that internal ICE emails and memos show that DHS “officials misled the public and Congress in an effort to downplay a wave of immigration case dismissals…”
• September 2, 2011: Treasury Inspector General Reports Government Paying Billions in Tax Credits to Illegal Immigrants A report by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) reveals that the IRS paid out a staggering $4.2 billion in refundable tax credits to illegal immigrants via the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) in 2010. The inspector general states: “Millions of people are seeking this tax credit who, we believe, are not entitled to it…”
• ICE announces that it will voluntarily close over 16,500 deportation cases in connection with the Obama Administration’s larger review of 300,000 cases.
There are a host of other items in the Timeline, including lawsuits against Arizona, Alabama, South Carolina and Utah over “immigration enforcement laws,” and against Florida over that state’s effort to remove ineligible voters…including illegals…” A Federal court ruled against the Administration, in that case.
Also included is a quote from “USCIS Director Leon Rodriguez [which] states that one of the purposes of the executive amnesty is to ensure that future presidents “cannot so easily by fiat now remove those people from the economy.”
These acts were in addition to the president’s open suspension of immigration law for millions, under DACA 2012 and DAPA in 2014 [court decision pending.] Perhaps you’re wondering what the purpose of all this is. Maybe this, from beforeItsNews.com might shed some light:
“White House Plans to Develop a ‘country Within a Country.’” Sara Noble reports on a February 26, 2016 Mark Levin radio interview with Susan Payne, identified as a contributor to WCBM, Baltimore and Co-Host of the Pat McDonough Radio Show:
“The White House has plans to legalize 13 to 15 million illegal immigrants…when they emerge from the shadows, ‘Citizens will then be pushed into the shadows.” The “Receiving Communities would be morphing into the “Emergent Immigrant Communities.”
“Unbeknownst to the Obama officials, Ms. Payne was invited to listen in on conference calls at an immigration rally. Cecilia Munoz, director of the White House Domestic Policy Council, [also onetime vice president at La Raza] and 16 members of the White House cabinet were on the first call. White House officials were on all three calls. It should be noted that Ted Hayes, founder of America’s Black Shield, also listened in on these calls.”
“The ‘Task Force of New Americans’ and the ‘Receiving Communities’ are part of a plan by the Obama administration to develop a ‘country within a country,’ which will eventually form a new, and instantly fundamentally transformed United States.” The term “Emerging Immigrant Communities” is also cited.
It is said, “these immigrants will ‘not be interested in assimilating. They would navigate not assimilate.’”
The report says they were called “‘seedlings’ by the White House and the ‘receiving communities’ are the ‘fertile ground’ to nurture them.”
There is no independent corroboration of this report, but it is reminiscent of the stream of unaccompanied minors coming over the border being bussed to various cities. There is a recording of the Levin interview at the link. The interview took place during congressional debate about funding all of DHS except the amnesty. Comments Sue Payne made toward the end of the interview, were telling:
“These immigrants [will] need to be treated as refugees. They need to be given cash, they need medical care, they need credit cards to pay for any documents they need…. What’s scary about this vote that’s going on right now, about … funding or defunding Obama’s executive order is that they spoke …about their willingness to leverage federal funds. What I got from that was if this thing goes through, and they fund Homeland Security [including the amnesty], then all these cabinet offices [on the conference call] would be willing to just leverage their funds.”
In other words, the White House was waiting to see if Congress would fund the amnesty; if it did, then those cabinet offices would use the funds to carry out this plan. If this account turns out to be true—and it very well might—then we will have Mitch McConnell to thank for enabling it.
Bob Bennett is a New York-based writer who has written op-eds for the Wall Street Journal and the NY Post, and has appeared on Fox and Friends and America’s Newsroom. He has traveled widely and written travel pieces for the NY Post, a cover article for the Jewish Press, and an op-ed for the medical journal Cancer Biotherapy & Radioimmunotherapy. Bob was also award-winning producer of a travel radio show heard on New York stations: WMCA, WNWK and 50,000 watt WOR and the national Sky Angel Network. He now blogs on Tea Party Nation, Tea Party Community and Red State Diaries.