(Breitbart.com) – Illegal aliens with ties to terrorist organizations have been working to bring other suspected terrorists into America through a wide open Texas border. This is just one of the many red flags raised by the state’s top law enforcement agency in a leaked report.
In a 68-page “law enforcement sensitive” report prepared by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) to inform lawmakers about the ongoing border surge, the agency addressed the many security concerns currently facing the state. Chief among them is the threat from terrorists crossing the border and Mexican cartels already operating in Texas. The report was originally leaked by the Houston Chronicle. In their reporting the Chronicle did not focus on the threats. Instead, they focused on the costs of the surge and how it was having a negative effect on crime fighting in other areas.
The report which was not made for public disclosure and was marked law enforcement sensitive, disclosed information about multiple cases of illegal aliens or asylum refugees with terror ties entering the country through Texas:
- In June 2014, a Somali member Ofal-Shabaab arrived at the Hidalgo International Bridge seeking immigration benefits, the report revealed. The man stated that he had been trained in April 2014 for a suicide attack in Mogadishu. While authorities have not fully vetted his information about the attack, he told them that he escaped from the group and informed African Union troops who were able to stop the terrorist attack. The man claimed he was trained with 13 other Somalis for about 10 weeks to use suicide belts, AK-47s, and grenades.
- In March 18, 2012 Border Patrol agents in McAllen arrested three illegal aliens from Sri-Lanka. One of the men said he belonged to the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam, a group that authorities have designated as a foreign terrorist organization. The man claimed that the group was headed to Canada.
- For a period of several years until January 2010, a U.S. citizen smuggled a total of 272 Somalis into the U.S. through Cuba and Mexico. During the investigation, authorities learned that the leaders of the terror group Al-Shabaab had solicited the man’s services. The man claimed he had not worked with the terror group; however, authorities found an email where he stated “I helped a lot of Somalis and most are good but there are some who are bad and I leave them to Allah.”
- The FBI investigated and charged Ahmed Muhammad Dhakane, a Somali Guerrilla fighter and human smuggler with ties to terror groups who entered the country through Brownsville Texas seeking asylum. What Dhakane never told immigration authorities was that he was a member of al-Barakat and Al-Ittihad Al-Islam. As part of his smuggling activities Dhakane worked to smuggle into the country other suspected Somali terrorist “whom he believed would commit violent acts if ordered to do so”.
- In another case of Somali terrorist entering America, Abdullah Omar Fidse along with Deka Abdalla Sheikh arrived at the Hidalgo International Bridge in 2008 demanding asylum which they received. What authorities did not know was that Fidse was a terrorist sent to American to carry out “operations” and had been part of a plot against the U.S. Ambassador to Kenya at the time. According to information from Fidse’s trial, federal agents accused Fidse of working with Somali terrorists and that prior to coming to America he been a cook for Osama Bin Laden and had purchased weapons and vehicles that had been used in Somalia. A federal judge sentenced Fidse in 2013 to eight years in prison.
According to the DPS report, the agency believes that terror groups are aware of America’s porous borders — particularly in Texas. It states that Mexican cartels can successfully get them into major metropolitan areas. The DPS has been trying to keep track of the number of illegal aliens from countries with known terror group’s. These are primarily Middle Eastern countries.